Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Very Merry Vignettes

I am enjoying having the house decorated for Christmas. I reached a point about a week ago where I stopped rearranging displays, fretting over vignettes, and made peace with the fact that my Christmas ceramic house will remain in the curio cabinet this year. I would like to share the arrangements I have settled on.  In this first arrangement on one of the corner tables in the livingroom, I have a favorite Santa Claus presiding over a candle display. I put some ornaments in my Depression glass compote to add sparkle. I really like the way the warm gold colors blend with the antique brass finish on my lamp.

I picked up this silver deer at Rite Aid a week or two ago and have enjoyed coupling him with other silver pieces I have. The poinsettias in the silver basket make a perfect background for the deer and Santa snowglobe on my other livingroom coffee table.  Isn't it just too bad I didn't realize my Santa in the globe was not facing forward?  How did I not see that?  I am going to have my glasses/contacts renewed right after the first of the year, I swear, I am missing a lot of details lately.

This corner setup makes that area on my kitchen counter look wonderfully classy. It overlooks the dining area as well, so we get to see it from both sides. I love that little angel plate I have displayed there, the Christmas mini tree started off as a topiary-type piece I bought on clearance one year and have filled out with additional picks, flowers and embellishments. The candle was a last minute replacement which works well for this grouping.

Okay, this Santa and Nutcracker is not a tabletop display, but I wanted to share how sharp they are, keeping guard in front of my curio cabinet.

Hoping everyone is enjoying all their holiday pretties.  I'm linking up with Marty at A Stroll Thru Life for Table Top Tuesday.

8 comments:

Unknown said...

I love your Santas! Everything looks so festive!
Happy Holidays! 8>)

PAINTORDIG.blogspot.com said...

Love the Santa snow globe-know what you mean about not seeing things too well-I don't see the cobwebs until I start editing my photos-LOL! Hope you have a wonderful Christmas.

Bonnie@Creative Decorating said...

I just love your silver vignette! I'm normally not a big silver fan at Christmas but that is just gorgeous!! Have a Merry Christmas!!

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Oh how pretty. All of your vignettes look wonderful. I love the shimmer of the gold one and also the silver one. Having a display in the kitchen is so nice and make the whole house look decorated. Thanks so much for joining TTT and I hope you have a very Blessed Christmas. Hugs, Marty

crazymotheringchick said...

I like the Santa, bowl, and golden ornaments best. They're all great, though. Have a wonderful Christmas.

Anita Diaz said...

I love all your vignettes! Everything looks beautiful and I can relate to finally getting everything ready and finally letting it stay that way. Thanks so much for your visits! I hope you have a wonderful Christmas!!

Kitchen-Dreams said...

Thank you for stopping by my blog and for your nice message. Merry Christmas to you...I hope the rain stops soon!

A Perfect Setting said...

I love your vignettes, especially the one with the silver deer! Gorgeous!