Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Using What I Have

Now, don't be jealous.  I get so envious of all you ladies putting out those fantastic spreads featuring amazing dinnerware and gorgeous linens. Or the gorgeous displays topping mantels, tables and shelves.  I have limited horizontal area in my cozy condo, and lots of items vying for any available space. But as I'm arranging my freshly bought foilage and trying to figure where to put it, it occurs to me.  This is visual poetry itself, my home life as is.  I know, it might not seem much now, the attempt at decorating outplayed by the homework left on the table, all of which is dominated by a kitty who didn't think I was serious when I reminded her that she was not supposed to be on the table. It's raining outside, and she's upset we won't let her back out. Knowing full well that she will be back up there the minute I go upstairs, I let her stay.

She repaid the favor by checking my arrangement for me.  Seriously, is this sweetness itself?  Now, if I could just keep her from shedding on my placemat, I plan on eating breakfast there in the morning.

I'm linking up with Marty at A Stroll Thru Life for Table Top Tuesday.


6 comments:

Francie...The Scented Cottage Studio said...

I LOVE it...and honestly a kitty really adds something that can't be denied.
LOVE your blog header too !
(())

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Beautiful floral arrangement and linens. I think the homework and kitty keep it real, and that makes it perfect. Thanks so much for linking to TTT. Hugs, Marty

Lindy said...

Love the arrangement - Kitty's going to be a math whiz!!!!

crazymotheringchick said...

I hate math. I'm just saying. LOL

Anita Diaz said...

That is cute! I usually have homework on my table or the breakfast bar so I can relate! Thanks for stopping by! You mentioned the amber glow and it really is glowing when all those yellows are backlit by the sun. It is such a magical time I just can't get enough of it!

VICKIE said...

AWWH A LITTLE CAT HAIR NEVER HURT ANYBODY! why even martha stewart lets her cats on the table- so it's gotta be a good thing! VICKIE