Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Finally a Fall Centerpiece

I know I am very far behind so many of you ladies, who have dressed their homes for the season since, well, the beginning of the season, but I finally am putting out a few Fall pieces.  I wish I had the gold Country Living dishes I was admiring at JCPenneys last week, on clearance and everything, but my dear hubby, Mr. Practical, said 'We have a set of perfectly good dishes at home, and where would we put these.' Not to mention his disdain of all things stoneware. So I have to make due with picking up a couple items for careful placing.
This Fall centerpiece uses a patchwork pumpkin I got at Ross.  I found another pumpkin from that so-familiar-to-many selection at the dollar store, I loved the mottled golden color of it.  The candle was actually purchased by my husband. My daughter had got me a couple of patchoulli & amber scented candles for Christmas last year, which he burnt down to the nubs. (Patchoulli does have a manly, almost musky smell to it, no wonder he loves it.) Recently he found them clearanced and bought another half dozen. The colors work well here, don't you think.  An arrangement of fall leaves was put into a Goodwill find, a wineholder I'll highlight in another post. The Christmas red placemat grounds the centerpiece.

 I got the gold-colored tablecloth a couple weeks ago, during a hot weekend when I was shopping without Mr. Naysay, that is, Mr. Practical. (Surely a girl can have more than 2 tableclothes!)  That same trip is when I picked up the placemats from Ross (what! don't you like our old ones) and the pumpkin.

This lovely rooster platter was a recent acquisition from Ebay, purchased for the beginning bid of $6, plus another $7 to ship it.  I love how those warm, rich colors echo the Fall centerpiece.  Yes, I do intend to serve food on it as well, hubby isn't the only practical one.

I am linking up with Marty at Table Top Tuesday.  Thanks, Marty, for your wonderful weekly event!

4 comments:

crazymotheringchick said...

Oh, I love, love, love the rooster platter. It's bee-you-tee-ful.

I like your arrangement, and your table looks great. The candle is very nice, and I like the placemats as well.

Happy Fall!

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Love your pretty table vignette and your tablecloth. Gorgeous. Your rooster platter is stunning too. So pretty. Thanks so much for linking to TTT. Hugs, Marty

Anonymous said...

I love the platter, Jane. That was a good find!

Linda @ Life and Linda said...

I love your rooster plate. What a great deal. Your colors are wonderful and the candle is perfect. Love your blog name. enjoy your weekend. Linda