Monday, January 9, 2012

Good Thoughts for 2012


Wow, it's been almost a month since my last blog?  Okay, I know I didn't post everything I wanted to over the holidays, I got rather caught up in, you guessed it, the holidays.

It's hard now to remember the particulars of the last days before Christmas, but it was good.  Three days after Christmas we headed off to Las Vegas to spend a few days, including New Year's Eve.  Yes, we did New Year's Eve on the Strip.  Yes, it was memorable.  Fun, thrilling, and downright scary for a 20-30 minute block of time when we and hundreds of other people were squished together so tightly no one was able to move for about half an hour, till a hotel finally opened up a gated-off area and allowed escape for the trapped pedestrians.

At this point I'm doing major reflecting on what 2012 will bring.  I do believe it will be a year of positive changes, but I realize I have to play a big role in making these changes happen.  We have been concentrating on getting our condo ready to sell since last year, and since we want to put it on the market in maybe April or May, we need to very seriously start finishing up.  The current real estate market and predictions for a still grim market this summer are very intimidating, I'm hoping we see at least some improvement.  Regardless, people do sell and buy homes in depressed markets as well as 'hot' markets, just not as quickly, and not as profitably for sellers.

I hope 2012 is prosperous and successful for all of us, whatever our endeavors.

1 comment:

crazymotheringchick said...

I am seriously looking forward to a wonderful 2012. I just have a good feeling!

Happy New Year!