Monday, November 28, 2011

A Small Start

I had a wonderful holiday weekend, as I hope everyone had. A lot of cooking, a lot of eating, a lot of cleaning, a lot of shopping (for me, anyway). Some time spent on Saturday helping mother-in-law out with shopping and cleaning. By Sunday, I was bushed!  As in, even if I was seriously planning on beginning the Christmas decorating I would not have had the energy to do so.  So I didn't. I did, however, pick up a couple of poinsettias I saw Saturday. One for me, one for mom-in-law. This picture doesn't do it justice, it's a lovely plant.


Then I remembered that my Santa snowglobe I picked up at Home Goods last year was tucked safely in my curio cabinet, quite easily accessible.



I now officially have a Christmas vignette on my livingroom table, a small beginning, but a good start. I suppose it may be better balanced with a third piece just to the right of the snowglobe, but let me tell you, I need to keep the coaster placed and available for when someone puts their ever-present soda there. (Sorry these pictures are so light, they always look so good on my camera display screen!  My hubby might be picking up on my hinting for a new camera for Christmas, shhh!)



Since I made a start, I finished the prep work by putting away the Thankgiving and fall decor. Obviously not quickly enough, the gold chargers I had wiped clean and stacked on the staircase to be stored under my bed found a new use by my kitty, Ms. Missy. 



Who knew that plate chargers could do double duty as a kitty bed?

Linking up with Susan at Between Naps on the Porch for Metamorphosis Monday




4 comments:

PAINTORDIG.blogspot.com said...

Haaa! I guess we know who's boss in your house. Cats think everything belongs to them don't they? LOL!I am slow with the Christmas decorating too.

Chubby Chieque said...

What a cutie kitty...

Guess, he/she is the best deco of them all...

HAppy TTT,
/chie

crazymotheringchick said...

Oh, love that picture! You know, the header. It's gorgeous!

That snowglobe is awesome as well. Love it!

Sue said...

Your Santa snowglobe is beautiful, it is so different from most I've seen. Maybe you should pick up a Christmas coaster and then you would have your "3" pieces you want and still a place to park the soda!