Wednesday, October 26, 2011

A Classic Yarn


I bought this green urn at Michaels a few years ago. I love the burnished, almost verdigris color and classic lines. I've tried putting a variety of floral designs in it, but find I don't usually have the space to put the larger accent piece. For the past long while it's been empty and moved from corner to corner. I've even debated getting rid of it (gasp!) but couldn't make myself do so.

Last week I was picking up assorted items my girls left lying around. My oldest daughter has been teaching herself knitting and crocheting, and had left her yarn and needles piled up on a couch. In a pique of clutter-busting, I put it in the first empty container, which happened to be this vase. It works! It is not what I imagined ever using it for, but it is quite handsome with the yarn and needles bundled into it.

Isn't it funny how sometimes a careless effect becomes a favorite look?

2 comments:

PAINTORDIG.blogspot.com said...

I think it makes a very elegant container for her knitting. I like to use things in unexpected ways.

crazymotheringchick said...

Hey, works for me! LMHO

I do like the urn as well.