Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Master Bedroom Vignettes

I have the week off work, and I've been promising myself to start adding photos of my home, so I can do like many of the bloggers here and have a gallery of gorgeous rooms. It's that 'gorgeous rooms' issue that's holding me up, they're still a work in progress. So for now I'm displaying a few of the little items which make up my home, with an occasional view at the rooms. You won't mind if there's certain corners which are not quite up for show just yet, will you?

This collection on my dresser contains some of my favorite things. I moved the purse picture frame to align with the silver frame in later shots, but this was the best picture, so it's the one I posted. This vignette includes a picture of my mom and dad with their parents on their wedding day, a few fun photos of myself and my girls, and a couple of items recently acquired from Goodwill, the candlestick and glass jar.

This handpainted tile tray was purchased by my husband on a rare just-the-two-of-us trip to Catalina Island. He wouldn't say how much he paid, so I'm sure it was pricey, but I just love the colors in it. Sorry for the striped glare from my bedroom window, again, it was the best shot I could get. My condo faces west, and the natural lighting is either too little or too much, so photos are iffy at best.


I have to include a closeup of the jewelry box my husband bought me for a wedding gift. Twenty-one years later, I still love it. It has always had a place of honor on my dresser, except for several years when my girls were little. I had a few instances where I would come home from work, and even with daddy supposedly watching them, they'd sneak into my bedroom and I'd find my jewelry either decorating their little fingers, or spread around our bedroom. After that, I kept the box hid until they were older.

I'd made this silk flower bower severall years ago, and still enjoy seeing it at the top of my window, coupled with a sheer sash draped over a curtain rod.


A shabby white pair of birds hold a bundle of pink flowers, and yet another shabby white bird hangs from a bedpost.


It all blends together to make a sweet boudoir corner.

Ignore the little bit of ugly old television resting on an orange towel to protect the dresser. I do still enjoy my shows late at night, and that, along with the fan in the corner, is one corner not really included in this photoshoot. Part of that work-in-progress.

2 comments:

crazymotheringchick said...

Wow, Jane, that makes a very pretty bedroom shot. Good work. I like all the goodies, all the shabby birds. You know Mom and Dad's wedding picture holds a prominent place in my home, too.

Cheryl said...

Such a lovely blog and pretty little vignettes! Great work! Cheryl